Bio for JD Dohnal
JD Dohnal is a Nashville-based songwriter/musician/producer. Midnight Karma Music is the primary music publisher which represents his catalog of songs.
"Jammin" JD was born and raised in the frozen tundra of Green Bay, WI and then headed to Minneapolis, MN where he was a guitar major at Music Tech of Minneapolis (now named McNally Smith School of Music). After being featured on two compilation CDs that showcased some of the state's top writers, he moved to Nashville, TN so he could truly pursue songwriting.
JD writes in a variety of styles, has won many awards, has had his songs used in film, TV, advertising, and recorded by various artists. Below are some of his highlights:
* His song "Falling" being used in the 2009 Warner Bros movie "Observe and Report".
* His song "Christmas Cheer" being used for the Disney movie "Noelle" in 2019 and "NCIS: Los Angeles" on CBS
* His song "Hillbilly Hollywood" being used on the ABC show "Nashville".
* His song "Back To Her Roots" being featured for the hit show "CSI".
* His song "Thank God For The Weekend" being used numerous times for NBC's "Access Hollywood" and on other networks.
* His song "Hillbilly Hollywood" being used for "Limitless" on CBS
* His music has aired on ABC, NBC, CBS, HBO, SHOWTIME, CINEMAX, ESPN, MTV, SPIKE, DISNEY, USA NETWORK, ANIMAL PLANET, GOLF CHANNEL, TLC, OUTDOOR CHANNEL, and many other networks.
* Had songs recorded by artists in Australia, Germany, Canada, and the United States.
* Does work-for-hire songwriting/production projects for Killer Tracks/Universal Music Group in Los Angeles.
* Has non-exclusive publishing agreements with other publishers in Nashville, LA, England, Canada, and elsewhere.
* Grand Prize winner in the 2009 John Lennon Songwriting Contest (country category).
* Grand Prize winner in the 2008 USA Songwriting Competition (country category).
* Grand Prize winner in the 2004 Nashville Song Search.
* Winner in the 2009 International Songwriting Contest, and the 2010 Indie International Songwriting contest.
When JD's not writing lyrics on napkins, singing into his iPhone, or cheering for the Packers, JD loves to be on stage. He's been on the same bill as such notable acts as The Cars, Rick Springfield, Craig Morgan, Ambrosia, Daryle Singletary, and John Ford Coley. He is the founder/bassist/manager of "Top Tier"--a top-notch private events band that performs throughout the southeastern United States. JD also fills in with other bands and artists who call on him to step in when needed. He takes his music seriously, but not himself. He was born to be on stage, and is known for his high-energy, crazy, and often humorous stage antics. Whether it's doing splits off a drum riser, dancing on a tabletop, or doing the pogo while rockin' out, JD is always sure to entertain.